Pena was the final fighter to weigh-in and stepped on the dimensions with only a minute left earlier than the Texas Division of Licensing & Regulation shut issues down. She weighed in at 134.5, whereas her opponent Amanda Nunes weighed in at 135 kilos.
The final time a UFC champion arrived on the weigh-ins on the final minute was UFC 274, the place Charles Oliveira famously missed weight by half a pound and was stripped of his title.
There was no such controversy in Dallas. Kai Kara-France and Brandon Moreno additionally made weight with none problem. Each males got here in at 124.5 kilos for his or her interim flyweight title battle.
Solely two fighters on the undercard missed weight. Ladies’s bantamweight Joselyne Edwards and welterweight Orion Cosce each got here in 1.5 kilos over their respective divisional restrict and can forfeit twenty % of their purses to their opponents.
Watch the UFC 277 weigh-in highlights under:
Here is the total weigh-in outcomes:
- Julianna Peña (134.5) vs. Amanda Nunes (135)
- Brandon Moreno (124.5) vs. Kai Kara-France (124.5)
- Derrick Lewis (264.5) vs. Sergei Pavlovich (254.5)
- Alexandre Pantoja (125.5) vs. Alex Perez (125.5)
- Anthony Smith (206) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (206)
- Alex Morono (171) vs. Matthew Semelsberger (171)
- Drew Dober (155.5) vs. Rafael Alves (155.5)
- Don’Story Mayes (255) vs. Hamdy Abdelwahab (264.5)
- Drakkar Klose (155.5) vs. Rafa Garcia (155)
- Michael Morales (170.5) vs. Adam Fugitt (171)
- Joselyne Edwards (137.5) vs. Ji Yeon Kim (135)
- Nicolae Negumereanu (205) vs. Ihor Potieria (204)
- Orion Cosce (172.5) vs. Blood Diamond (169.5)
Daniel Cormier wonders if Julianna Pena was “simply taking part in a recreation” weighing in final
Julianna Pena was the final fighter to step on the scales on the official UFC 277 weigh-ins. The ladies’s bantamweight champion weighed in at 134.5, half a pound underneath the championship restrict. Nevertheless, her absence till the final minute had Daniel Cormier questioning the standard of her reduce.
In the course of the official UFC weigh-in present, he stated:
“To the minute. Last minute. Perhaps the champ is simply taking part in a recreation, like ‘Hey guys, you gonna look forward to me. It is my present, you are going to look forward to me.’ I dunno, she’s a half pound underneath weight. For those who’re a half pound underneath weight you may have did that forty-five minutes in the past. But when she’s not … she did not look that unhealthy, but when she’s not, now she’s given Amanda [Nunes] a two hour head begin.”
Watch Daniel Cormier focus on Julianna Pena’s late weigh-in under: